Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Girl Scout Camping

My daughter and I went Girl Scout camping this past weekend. It was a really great camp (if you like that sort of thing). The girls had a blast. And the troop leader (who is a hard core outdoors woman) took mercy on us moms and let us register for cabins vs. tents. Each year I am more and more impressed with Girl Scouts…It’s a great organization. Although I still wish we went to Camp Marriott instead of camp Happy Acres.
 
I haven’t enjoyed camping since I was in my 20’s.  It’s always fun to get together with friends and camp…when you are young.  These days I prefer my own bed…with its special orthopedic mattress.  Not to mention clean clothing, cooking INSIDE, and NOT sleeping with 19 other people…10 of whom are under the age of 10 and think shining flashlights at each other until midnight is great fun…did I mention bunk beds…at least it wasn’t platform tents again. 
Daddy Longlegs don't bother me a bit...but the huge hairy black and orange spider's around the cabins did....

Getting ready for horseback riding....the main reason we are here.

"J" would do this all day if they would let her. 


Brownies only get to be led around the ring.
 

I couldn't get "J" to leave...looks like we might have summer horse camp in our future. 


There were more activities available than we could fit in....here "J" is making earrings.


Basket Weaving.

 
This was apparently "Who Hair" -I don't think I did it right.






Canoeing....notice who isn't paddling...
But thinks to my summer camp days in Ore, MN I can do enough paddling for both of us.

The best part of camping is being with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment