Sunday, October 14, 2012

Calw and the Farmers Market

Our first adventure was to the Farmer's Market in Calw.  The kids opted to stay home and chill out.  I mean they did get up at 2:00 am....

In case you were wondering...

Calw is a town in the middle of Baden-Württemberg in the south of Germany, capital of the district Calw. It is located in the northern Black Forrest approximately 18 kilometers south of Pforzheim and 33 kilometers west of StuttgartCalw is the birthplace of the writer Hermann Hesse.

 

Calw was first mentioned in records in 1075.


This is truly a quintessential German Town.


We found lots of great things here...including some lovely champagne grapes and beautiful apples.


It's hard for me to imagine thinking this is normal...do these people know how stunning their town is?





A panoramic shot along the river.

I'm trying hard not to look like an American hussy-so I hardly wore any make-up...the humidity frizzed my hair and I gained over 5 pounds on the trip...I'm still smiling though.

Derek and Herr Hesse

Uncle "D" picked an apple for us on the way home.  I was so excited to see apples growing
everywhere. It was however one of the more sour apples I have ever had.
 It was begging to become a pie or strudel.

No comments:

Post a Comment