Monday, September 8, 2014

White House

I wont be able to show you cool photos from the White House because you aren't allowed to take any.  You also aren't allowed to bring anything with you except a wallet (no purses) and a cellphone (which can and will be taken away if you so much as pull it out of your pocket).
 
Getting tickets is a bit of a chore but the kids really wanted to go...So I made it happen (whew-they don't even tell you if you get the tickets until just before your scheduled tour date.  We put in a request (along with all out personal info for background checks) 6 months prior to our trip.  Oddly enough I wanted to see the White House least of all.  And I loved it the most.
 
Politics aside it was so amazing to just be in a place where so many incredible leaders have stood.  I was overwhelmed with the history of it all.  And the Décor... (while not even close to my taste) well, it was like a museum.  Everything was so old and well...really ugly ...but to know who had chosen it and how long it had been there...again-just amazing.
 
And while I can't share photos, I can recommend this virtual tour which shows you basically the same areas we saw. https://www.google.com/maps/views/view/streetview/art-project/white-house/t7AtWUf5D7MSHxSnk8PnMg?gl=us&heading=44&pitch=65&fovy=75
 
 
 This is actually from the park near our hotel....

 When you leave the White House you can stand just outside and take photos.  The angle isn't great but like my daughter says...It's proof you were there.  So here is all our proof.









































No comments:

Post a Comment