Sunday, October 20, 2013

Universal Studios

 
OK, I really liked Universal. Like Disney, Universal has lots of things a scaredy- cat like me can enjoy.  I rode one thing at IOA and it made me sick.  Universal has good theming along with rides, and shows, and "experiences".  I also got a kick out of the Simpson's area....
 

 Your day at Universal must begin with Minion Mayhem.  If not you will wait over and hour to "experience it".


RIP RIDE ROCKET


After riding Rip Ride Rocket...
Dad is such a good sport.  He always rides a new coaster with "J"...after that she rides alone. I will say, for the sake of my mother, that on the very day were here...but hours after we left.  A car of people was stuck at the top of this coaster for two hours before being rescued.  FUN!


Stopping for photos is the price of admission for these two.


That box contains the Transformers ride.  I experienced it one. That was enough for me.
 

 
This guy and his counterparts were great. I know this because I got to watch him interact with the crowd while my children rode the Mummy repeatedly.  Eventually we (the adults) went to Starbucks and had the kids meet us there when they finished riding.  We have since decided that all future visits to amusement parks will follow this directive.





How fun is this....

 

That face...the one on the girl...is how 50% of all photo taking opportunities begin. 


Is Bart pointing at her Derriere
 

 
How cute is this.  You can even get a Flaming Moe...if you have seven dollars...
for a drink with no alcohol...
 
 
Why...why must my child put her finger in the nose of every statue????
 

 We ate at Krusty Burger.  I hate eating at amusement parks but we made an exception
for Krusty Burger.  



But here is the amazing part.  TV clips of the Simpsons....look at those faces...its like they are hypnotized.  And they ate.  My kids ate...actually ate the food they ordered.  And they said it was good?


 No trip to Springfield is complete with out a Lard Lad donut...

 
 
Holly Smokes...that's huge!
 


 
Oh, and they have 3/4D "Experiences" (movies) at Universal. This one...was awful but the kids liked it.  The adults may have...just may have napped until we were pelted with water.  Note to self...develop an alarm clock that sprays icy water at you...it's a very effective way to wake up quickly.
 

 
This was a cute show that showcased REAL animal actors.  Like the dog from Marley and Me and this Pug from Men in Black.  I was incredulous until I did some researched and learned that approximately 472 dogs were used in the Making of Marley and Me...and the dog in the show was one of many who played "elderly Marley."
 

 

 
 Here are my own little animal actors...



Dad and I are fans of The Walking Dead..."T" is not allowed to watch it...but he is allowed to bang on the door of the camper to escape the zombie hoard (aka tourists).  Dale's camper was set up in the park as part of Universal's Halloween Horror Nights... (which we did not attend).

 
The kids thought Universal and IOA were AWESOME! 


No comments:

Post a Comment