Sunday, October 20, 2013

Harry Potter and the something-or-other of somewhat.

Our goal for today was Universal's Islands of Adventure.  More specifically to beat the crowds to the "Harry Potter" "Island"

We are not Harry Potter fans.  I have heard the books are excellent and one day when I run out of post-apocalyptic and dystopian literature I might read one.  My kids do not like Harry Potter.  They refuse to read the books and they don't like the movies.  So I was really surprised when my son wanted to rush to the Harry Potter area officially known as"The Wizzarding World of Harry Potter."

The Forbidden Journey ride ended up being his favorite.  I was impressed with the HP part of the park.  It was delightfully detailed.  Although I know little about the books I was still astounded at the lengths they went through to bring them to life.  It is a pretty cool thing to see.  Universal is currently constructing a second Harry Potter themed area and the kids are already asking to visit when it is complete.

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed...These kids will get up early to ride rides...
 

 
 
 

Some of these store fronts house real shops...



The effect would be so realistic on an overcast day...except for all the tourists in shorts.  It was almost 90 degrees in October.
 
 So many photos of "T" because his sister and dad were riding the Dragon Challenge coaster.
 
 
This IS October.  I do not want to be here in July.


 
Here the kids are riding the "kiddie" coaster...which I am still to scared to ride.  Let's face it.  I don't like to have fun.  It makes me anxious.  I like to watch other people having fun...



 


No comments:

Post a Comment