Tuesday, October 29, 2013

St. Augustine

We made a pit-stop in St. Augustine.  I definitely want to return.  I had been once as a child but I had not returned since.  The kids were less than thrilled...but we made it worth
 
These are very fake smiles.

 


Dad really wanted to tour this fort.  The kids were pretty fort-ified from our visit to Ft. Pulaski.



Too bad the government spent all their barricade money at the memorials in DC -We were able to walk all around the fort.


It felt really hot in mid-October  I always imagine what our predecessors went through without AC and bug repellant...and the war must have been bad too. 




Besides a very expensive visit to a candy shop we found this little treasure for the kids to enjoy.
 


I figured that they wouldn't actually like the fries but they did...and everyone
 left St. Augustine happy and full.





No comments:

Post a Comment