Sunday, December 1, 2019

Warm Weather Here We Come

We headed south for Thanksgiving.  With "T's" college schedule and "J's" volleyball schedule there are basically no dates when we can go on a trip as a family with the exception of Thanksgiving week and Christmas break.  Even Thanksgiving was a stretch because "T" still had classes the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week.  I am a little worried this may be one of our last family trips.  As it is we only have a little over a year to go before one of our kids has flown the nest.

First stop Miami.  I have to say I LOVED Miami.  Wow! What a vibrant city.  But before we could reach Miami we had a very early morning flight.  Hallelujah my wonderful husband upgraded us to first class.  Plenty of room for sleeping and less guilt about a morning cocktail.  Hey I forgot my anti-anxiety meds for flying.  This was a close second.



Just in case my kids think they are "all that" for flying first class...I made them take public transit from the airport to our hotel.  There is a light rail stop very close to the hotel and the plan would have gone very smoothly if the train doors hadn't closed so quickly as "J" and I were trying to exit.


"D" and "T" are way off in the distance and we are way out in the suburbs waiting for another train...


It was hot. We were tired.


You know, walking around with a Starbucks cup seems cool and trendy.  
So why does my Big Gulp look so trashy?    Neither one is good for you.  
But this was so delicious walking from the train stop to the hotel.


 The view from our room was great.  Did I mention I love Miami. 




 I bought the boys so many Hawaiian shirts for this trip.  LOL!  And they were such good sports to wear them.


First stop was food. 


Don't be fooled by the 3 spoons.  The kid who tries to eat healthy went crazy on this trip.  SHE ate almost all of it.  Practice next Sunday is going to be TOUGH.


There were huge palm trees at the top of this high rise.  There are some pretty fantastic penthouses in Miami...at least they look fantastic from the street (ha ha).


Next Stop-Wynwood


No comments:

Post a Comment