Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ropes Course

One of our awesome field trips was  a ropes course. 

Disclaimer…Mom, don’t look at these photos…they contain disturbing images that may not be appropriate for some over protective grandparents.

Luckily, I was very sick when we did this.  My focus was on not passing out in the woods…otherwise I would have been terrified.  After an initial orientation, where the kids were given instructions so complicated and difficult it made my head spin, they began the first course.  The first course the kid did was exactly what I expected…lots of obstacles, ropes, and zip lines 6-12 feet off the ground.  FUN!

 




But then the second course was much higher and the 3rd course was 40+ feet high.  The kids were on their own up in the trees….the guides were down below (with me).  There was no one helping them with gear as they traversed a course so high and so far away that I could barely see them.  Again…if I hadn’t been on the verge of death I would have panicked…but as it was I stood there and took pictures, occasionally shutting my eyes so I didn’t have to witness them fall to their deaths.






That tiny pink speck is my fearless daughter...


 
In case you can't tell by this photo...
"T" had an exhilarating day at the ropes course!



No comments:

Post a Comment