Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mommy's Field Trip

After having so much fun in Colorado a few of my friends and I decided to have a girls weekend in Tennessee (where one friend’s parents have a lake house).
We had a great time and decided to completely forget that we are over 40…until the aches and pains set in.  Hey, I’m sure we carried Bengay, Advil and reading glasses with us when we were 20 too….
I hope I have a view like this when I grow up...
 
We got to spend a fabulous day on the lake.
 


And we had the "opportunity" to go tubing....


Which some of us really enjoyed.



I tried to explain that I really enjoyed just WATCHING everyone else have "fun". But (apparently because they had not laughed enough already) my friends insisted that I experience tubing for myself.


So for the record...I DO NOT enjoy tubing.  Not at all.  I found it to be quite horrible.  Plus after getting lake water up my nose I was pretty sure that I had contracted brain eating amoeba.  

 
I will try to avoid hanging out with this friend in the future...she apparently didn't get the "you are old now and should look frumpy and matronly " memo.

 
What I lack for in adventurous enthusiasm I make up for in craftiness.  I decided we needed special shirts for the weekend (incase we forgot who we were). 
 
I have decided that in all fairness to society as a whole, I should wear my shirt every where I go. 


 
 

 
 
 Boxes of wine are sort of like toothpaste....If you squeeze hard enough you can always get more out....
 
 
 
 I'm pretty sure this needs to be an annual event! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment