Sunday, July 29, 2018

Whales!


Don't get too excited about seeing the whales.  Whales live underwater 😉 and not much usually shows above the surface.  

Since my photos are not very thrilling-Here is a cool video that you might enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXU7G6zhjU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXU7G6zhjU



 Do you see the sea lions on the dock.  I have to say, I was so excited to see them. Maybe more so than the whales

We headed out. It was a gorgeous day.  It was also HOT.  I'm so glad I threw my Chacos in my suitcase at the last minute.  If only I had brought some shorts.




 We were all headed to the same place.

Look at all the boats.  Everyone was enjoying this gorgeous day.





We passed Admiralty Island, home to the largest concentration of brown bear in the US with over 1600 living on the island.  It's a large island.  But not large enough to make me want to visit.

When you see a tale go up like this it indicates a deep dive which will last anywhere from 3-10 minutes.  

 For a whole we followed a pod of three whales.  Our Naturalist, who has a degree in psychology, said Humpbacks are solitary but Google says they can travel in pods of two or three...which was pretty obviously the case here.


 

























 
 Some guys have all the luck.

We managed to see a pod of Orcas on the way back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment