Monday, April 2, 2012

Boo on you zoo!

I can’t drive for long before succumbing to driving induced narcolepsy so on our way home from seeing the mummies we stopped at the Greenville Zoo.  Oh such a sad zoo.  I absolutely hate a zoo that houses animals in small cages.  The zoo had a few adequate enclosures but generally I found the habitats to be lacking and that always makes me sad.  On a positive note we saw an elephant urinate.  I had never seen that before and it was pretty impressive.  Sorry no pictures of that.  After the zoo we had a few minutes to play at the playground before heading home.

These children used to pose nicely for photos when they were younger.


However all that posing as youngsters has created in them an irresistible desire
 to pose atop any bronze animal sculpture.

The Real Yellow Pages are a sponsor at the zoo...that may explain why they can't afford good enclosures.

These guys seemed pretty happy to have a good meal and a few feet to roam.
I'm not worried about them a bit.

Perhaps America's kids are overweight because the playgounds now feature  lounge chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment