Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Fall today, Gone tomorrow.


Fall was ridiculously short this year.  Sandwiched in between a scalding hot summer and a cold dreary winter we had about 4 nice crisp fall days.  We managed to fill all those days...the hot ones and the cold ones too with more activities and events than you can shake a stick at.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.  My teenagers are so much fun-but they wear me OUT!

What horror is this?  Its the mask (thank goodness I didn't have to make this monstrosity) for his Halloween costume.



Meet Jack.  He isn't ours, but we are his -apparently.  He was abandoned by our old neighbors (JERKS) and he has adopted us.


"J" was pumped for Halloween this year.  Her biggest beef with our older, modest, home is (other than her lack of a private bathroom) the lack a great yard for decorating.  I splurged and let this guy come home with us.  I usually only buy the leftover-75% off decorations after the holidays.  But we all know the good stuff is never left over-so I acquiesced.

I wish we could leave him in the car year round.  



Fall isn't just about getting ready for Halloween, its also Marching Band time.  We may not be musically gifted but we like to support our friends who are.


These two!


We got to see out new uniforms!  Finally LONG sleeves.

Hey mom I can't find any brushes.  *Mom checks the car*


Our HS team made it to the playoffs and we drove ALL over the state going to support Varsity.




It was like an early Christmas Miracle.  My academically unmotivated child GOT MOTIVATED.  Now our lives are all about studying and grades.  I honestly don't know how to deal.  I was just assuming this whole public school thing was a social experiment.  I held out no hope for academic success.  Currently straight A's!

 Don't worry, this isn't a new pet.  She's my daily walking buddy.  And she belongs to the neighbors.


 This is like my max Halloween decorating.  But my friends...they live for Halloween....


They hosted the annual Halloween Party this year and I can't even describe how EXTRA they were.  WOW.  Photos show maybe 10% of the awesome decorations.

They had a real wrecked car in the yard.  With a zombie inside.






 My friend and I were a hunter and a deer.  The best we could pull off basically the night before.




Meanwhile "T" hung our with his buddies.  So glad they have each other.

I didn't have to make the mask this year but I had to make the weapon and outfit.  I am becoming the Papier Mache master.




Bloody and tattered....coming right up

Drumroll please....let me introduce "The Doctor" I think...actually I'm not sure.  Just assume its an obscure video game character like always.

6 Feet of terrifying!






This is "who" he was for Halloween

Look who passed out candy.







No comments:

Post a Comment