Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Worth The Wait


November was tough.  I was VERY busy helping a friend move.  There was the packing and the yard sale and the apartment hunting.  Its pretty crappy when your husband of 25 years leaves you and your kid, forcing you to downsize from a large house to a tiny apartment.  


November started with a voting debacle.  I've been voting at the same place for over 13 years.  I haven't missed an election.  The longest I have ever waited was 45 min and that's only because I arrived 45 minutes before the pools opened.  This line was 1.5 hours long.  REALLY.  You can not convince me our election was fair or accurate.



 So comfy?

 We made it to the championships.



All these kids gave up their Saturday to support the team!  It was a great game.


 Gosh these kids are SO talented.  I enjoyed this special performance by the band.



Papier Mache to the rescue for World Lit.  This is my attempt at a Three Headed Lucifer from Dante's Inferno.


"J" took over the painting-thank goodness. She's much more talented than I am.





Uncle "D" treated the kids to go carting on Black Friday.  Look who is tallest!

I made a pretty decent Thanksgiving dinner (the last one I swear).  But I was most proud of these yummy dinner rolls.  I haven't baked bread in years and these turned out great.

 As soon as our company was on the road, we pulled out X-Mas decorations.  I was anxious to get ready for Christmas because I was going to be away for a while at the beginning of December.

Molly wants to help but she's stuck.



This is pretty much what moms live for!






A rare moment of togetherness.


This is his first trip through the Drive-Thru.  I don't think this was on the drivers training skills check list.


This old girl is like 80 in Dog Years


"J" had her team banquet.

But I missed it.

Because I was on a plane to Punta Cana.

My friend was celebrating a "special" birthday and she let a few of us tag along.  It was a blast.


 For her birthday she wanted to relax.  I'm not really a "sit and relax" kind of person but this was certainly a great place for it.  Adults only.  I'm certainly down with that.










My friend was upgraded to her own Private chalet.  The rest of us had to slum it in junior suites.



They really pampered us all and the staff was incredible.


 We began the trip with this lovely dinner.








Dinner and a show?







Hmmmm...what could this crazy contraption be?  Are they about to clean out the pool?


Whatever it is, we are going to need the sort of fortitude that only mystery shots can supply

Yep-  No one can participate in this sort of nonsense with out drinking.


anyway-this happened.

I thought it was very silly, but people seemed to enjoy it.  And I like to see people having fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment