Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Ports Of Call

Well we didn't get to go to St. Maarten and St. Thomas for obvious reasons, but we made the most of the stops we were given.

Here I am still trying to wrap my head around the size of this ship.


Our first port of call was the dreaded Nassau, Bahamas.  I say "dreaded" because everyone bemoans having to go here. Therefore I had very low expectations.  And I was actually very surprised.  I thought Nassau was lovely and fun.  Since it was a beautiful day, we just walked to the beach and did a little shopping.  I could definitely see returning here someday.



This was our first glimpse of Nassau-gorgeous!


Looking over towards the mega hotel and resort, Atlantis, on Paradise Island.

We spent a few hours here at the beach.  I didn't take a lot of photos because
1. my daughter really makes a fuss if I try to photograph her and
2. because I fell asleep in my lounge chair.  AWESOME!


I generally dislike any beach this close to a cruise port.  But the kids like crowds and fun music etc.  Honestly it wasn't bad.


Eventually we abandoned our children and stopped for a few fruity vacation drinks.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment