Monday, January 23, 2012

Earrings

I am 40 years old and I have never had my ears pierced.  My mom wouldn't allow it when I was a child. As an adult I've never gotten around to having it done.  But I always said to myself that if I had a daughter she could get her ears pierced anytime she wanted.  And that time is now.
As a planner and researcher by nature I began on a journey of discovery. I needed to learn all about piercing before deciding where we would go.  Claires at the mall was out of the question. Just the thought of letting an 18 year old high-school-dropout punch holes in my child's ears...well...it was unthinkable.  My journey led us to Little Five Points or to those from out of the area...the heart of counter culture (or at least it used to be) in our city. I took "J" to a well-known and highly recommended body piercer.
In the Car after the piercing
This is a Captive Ball Ring-much more comfortable than anything with a post.
It was a great experience not unlike a visit to the doctor, if the doctor had wicked awesome stretched ear lobes and native style tattoos.  Still the place was impecably clean, every instrument was autoclaved in our view, and "J" reported no pain during or after the proceedure. 

I'm thinking of going back for my 41st.  Or maybe I'll get a new purse, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment