Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Good News and the Bad News


The good news is that we had an awesome vacation at Amelia Island. The bad news, we came home to a flooded basement. Back to the good news. I have so many wonderful photos to share. Lets start with the view from the house we rented. This year we stayed right on the ocean. It was pretty terrific.


How great-to step right off your deck and into the sand


I didn't take too many photos on the beach because I worry about getting sand in my camera. We did lots of other things on our vacation and I'll share those photos on my next post.

As for the basement… Well it is just a big ole mess. But we feel fortunate because so many people lost so much in this flood. We mainly have suffered some inconvenience. We have the means to replace the carpet, only a small amount of furniture was damaged and our walls are fine. We are all safe and together and for that we are truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment