Friday, October 6, 2023

Working Backwards Christmas 2022

Just in time for Christmas I finished my new rug.  Obviously, I love it, although I realize it may not be to everyone's taste (as I've been told).  It was very special as well because I painted it while suffering from BPPV a form of vertigo and another unknown dizziness.  I really struggled to finish before our new table arrived.  When I work on a piece like this, I could continue to find mistakes and areas to correct and never stop. It is 100% hand drawn and painted.  


Then a few days before Christmas we made a precarious journey over the mountains to Franklin, NC to pick up our new handmade Walnut Dining Table.  The trestle legs were my "must have" and the "live edge" was "D's" 

At least when its foggy you can't see how far you will if you go off the mountain.  


All loaded up and ready to go.  And the day cleared, and we had beautiful weather for the trip home.



What will follow are like 10 pics of my table from every imageable angle.  As an adult I've never had a nice dining table.  We've cycled though hand-me-down and thrift store finds.  These days everyone things they can screw some metal legs on a slab and call it a handmade live edge table.  But I wanted something a little more.








It was a very nice Christmas indeed.  Look what I got.  More tacky yard art but this time its almost as tall as me.



I love it.


Christmas charcuterie-it's really the best way to graze all day and I don't have to cook.







We tried certified Waygu for Christmas eve.  That's a one and one for us.  We can appreciate it-but perhaps not truly enjoy it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment