Friday, October 6, 2023

Hiking

My hiking hobby has its own blog, but I will add a few photos here.  The biggest thing to come from my new hobby was becoming very ill and weak and finally seeing enough doctors to learn I was super-duper anemic.  Fun.  I'll say my hiking partner has been very patient.  And this fall (2023) I am giving all my new red blood cells a test run.  Our third hike Fall 2023 was harder than anything I did last year.  It wasn't fun but I did it.  Blood Mountain here I come...probably...eventually.

Most hikes look more like this. 


...than this


And sometimes you end up like this.



But even on the easy trails, danger lurks.  Or should I say stings.



Sometimes you get rewarded with this...but usually it's just blisters.




Betsy AKA Liz is our navigator...wait is that what you call it?


Here we are at one of the larger trees in GA. 



And overlooking lovely downtown Chatsworth (insert hysterical laughter if you've been to Chatsworth)


From the top of Ft Mountain-one of my favorite places to hike.






Noontoola Creek

View from Lake Blue Ridge




So we go this way...then that way..


Sometimes I even get "D" to join me.





It's all fun and games until someone (me) breaks a wrist.






I'll have you know I finished my hike with this broken wrist-then I went to urgent care.





No comments:

Post a Comment