Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Parrot Mountain

The only thing you really want to do after a tournament weekend is head home.  But "J" really wanted to go to Parrot Mountain.  I was wary because Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge "attractions" are usually pretty crappy.  But I was pleasantly surprised by Parrot Mountain.  And even though we got home really late, I was glad we went.



Parrot Mountain is sort of an exotic bird refuge.  They rehabilitate and provide homes for unwated exotic birds.  Most of the birds can fly away but they don't.  The place was really clean and I think the birds seemed very happy. 
















 We all had so much fun holding and feeding the birds.


 The cockatoos were our favorites.

This one snuggled with me.  SNUGGLED.  I was in love.  I would have totally tried to smuggle it out.



This guy or girl really liked attention.

The Macaws are so pretty but they aren't as fun or nice as the Cockatoos.




Look at that beak.  Yikes.

 We finally dragged her away from the big birds and went to visit the Lorakeets.





This one licked my hand for far too long.



This guy was in the baby bird nursery and he was for sale.  I'll admit he was charming.  "J" and I both want a bird.  But considering they can live 60 years...I think it's too late for me to become a responsible bird owner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment