Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Too Cool For School

Home Schooling can be a really hot topic.  That is why I rarely discuss it on this blog.  I don't like conflict in my life.  But I did want to share a few photos of scince experiments we have worked on this year because the photos are really cute.

This was a unit on water and its properties.  Here the children are using household items to create boats (things that float).  The winner has the boat that stays afloat the longest.

"J" considers her options.


"T" records his observations.
This "boat" was made of foil...we had to determine whose boat held the most pennies.

"T" decides how to proceed. 
Getting Ready to make some crystals


Careful Now



I believe the consenus was "awesome".


The children study volcanoes courtesy of Papa John (who gave them the kit).

To see a motor we made view this short video.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment