Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White Christmas

Christmas morning was delightful. I think if grandma and grandpa had not been visiting I might have slept till noon. This was the first year the kids didn’t bound into our room at 6 am. They were up early but they were preoccupied with gifts they had received the night before. When I finally got up, I found the children both sitting quietly in the kitchen , “J” drawing, and “T” building a Lego set. It was heaven. As a matter of fact I was able to make everyone breakfast and shower before we opened gifts. That was a first for us.

Another first for the family was a WHITE Christmas!  Our kids have never lived up north. Snow is a rarity and snow on Christmas is pretty much a myth. Snow on Christmas is so rare that our area hasn’t had measureable snowfall on Christmas since 1882. WOW! And if that isn’t enough-we had a LOT of snow, enough to cover the grass. Sure that isn’t a lot compared to many areas of the country but it’s enough to make snow angles and snowmen. It’s also enough to cause grandma and grandpa to be stranded an extra day. It was a Christmas miracle.

"T" sits next to the gifts that Santa brought

"I'll smile as long as we can start opening gifts NOW"

Yum, Christmas Dinner.  (Please pretend not to see the bag of chips on the table.  I want everyone to have something they love for Christmas dinner, even my pickiest eater)
A quick break from playing.
Wheeee, it's snoooow!

No comments:

Post a Comment