Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday

Are you a bad parent if you wake up one day and say “gosh…It’s my kid’s birthday” Or in our case if you realize that you have photography class and boy scouts scheduled for your child’s actual birthday and neither of those activities involves the birthday child. And you notice on the calendar that the whole week is pretty much booked…..so you decide to celebrate on a random Sunday afternoon? Yeah that’s what I thought.

Are you a good parent if you spend the entire day making a “from scratch” birthday cake, and real buttercream icing (the kind made with egg whites and boiling sugar syrup) only to have your children spit out the results because their palettes are decidedly less mature than yours…so you make another recipe of icing, which the children like, so they eat so much that by the time you have completed the cake they are no longer interested in having any….Yeah, that’s what I thought.


The Birthday Girl age 6

Pneumonia can't stop me from blowing out my candles

Thanks for sharing your presents with me


 
The webkinz my brother got me

Laughing at Auntie Sue's card

No comments:

Post a Comment