Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My First CSA Box

I have wanted to join a CSA for some time now. For those of unfamiliar with the term, CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Basically it is a movement to put local farmers and consumers together providing business for local farmers and locally grown organic produce for people like me. Until now there were no CSA's near us or if there were they had a waiting list. So I was super excited to find a new group close to us. It is a hybrid CSA-more like a co-op. They have produce year round-meaning quite obviously it isn't all local-but they do their best to get as much local and regional organic produce as possible. Once a week I order and pick up my box/bag of produce. You don't choose what you get-it is a surprise and an opportunity to try new things we don't usually eat. They hope to add eggs soon-and it wont be soon enough. Ask "D" -he will tell you I am threatening to buy chickens....

What a beautiful harvest


"J" samples the haul

No comments:

Post a Comment