Sunday, June 12, 2022

VACATION! At last!



In June we went on a cruise to the southern Caribbean. 



The sign and I will never agree.  I do not love Aruba.


Here we are touring a cave in Aruba.  A hot stinky cave.





Is this an Arubian Bigfoot sighting? ...No It's "J" wandering off the beaten path looking for goats.


This is "J" saying she is just fine...before

Stepping on a bunch of these.


The entire island is nothing but thorns. 




Everyone yelled "yay" when we didn't bottom out along the road to the cave...



So "pretty" ??

We did manage to tear the bumper off the rental car.  "D" popped it back in place and we spent the way contemplating our insurance coverage and moral responsibilities.


People love "Aruba" but seriously this is a desert hellscape

 The butterfly garden was pretty...I bet they had to import living green plants.




The beaches were ok-but nothing compared to Curacao




This reminds me of the far side of Cozumel



This is Willemstad-the capital of Curacao and such a lovely place.  I can't wait to go back.  It was a huge contrast to Aruba.




A few pics before breakfast

We had Dutch pancakes (and regular pancakes and paninis) for breakfast

Now THIS IS A BEACH

My pics are awful-it was too bright to see the screen of my phone.


The water was like being in a aquarium

The water is crystal clear


They have pigs on the beach (or near the beach in this case)



But most of my pictures are like this...whoops





These days "D" has to pose for all the silly pictures when the kids aren't around




I love the Oasis Class ships.  It's got to be the most pleasant way to traverse the seas with the unwashed masses.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment