Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Puppy

Life had gotten a little too boring with 2 dogs.  In March I started looking for a puppy... apparently along with millions of other Americans who wanted a quarantine buddy.  I searched from Virginia to Florida and came up empty handed.  I swore to myself that I wouldn't adopt just any old puppy-  because I can fall in love with any dog in seconds.  3 Puppies fell through and I had given up.  And then I saw this post on a private page from the rescue where I had worked for 4 years.  



I was blown away by how adorable these babies were.  I got very lucky and was allowed to meet them.  It was love at first sight.  We drove an hour to see them.  And it was dicey for a while-because the foster mom wanted to make sure our home was a good fit.  But we were able to adopt our puppy and he came home at 8 weeks of age.  I have only gotten 2 puppies previously and they were 12 weeks old.  My other dogs came to us as adults.  That 8-12 week gap was very new for me.  Our puppy was really a baby.  

Meet Teddy aka Bear aka Bear Bear
We wanted to meet the only little girl in the litter but we fell in love with this little guy and his tubby little tail.  Spoiler Alert he looks so different now.
















Here is Bear's mom.  She is about 10 pounds.  She came to the recue already pregnant and these puppies were very hard on her.  Bear was the last one born and his little tail was deformed.  

Now at 6 and a half months his coloring is much lighter than when we got him.  He is reddish blonde and white with no trace of the black coloring he had except on his face.  More photos to come lol.  So many puppy photos to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment