Tuesday, October 22, 2019

A Pets Life

With the exception of this cat, our pets bring us so much joy.  They enhance our lives and I would be lost without them.


Ha!  Even Molly is just barely tolerating this cat.  The look on her face says it all.

Molly has been a part of our family for almost 13 years. This photo was taken a few days before we brought her home from the shelter.  It was before smart phones so I only have a few photos of her.  Most are a blur because she was always moving.



Here she is about a year later.  Boy was she a handful. A perfect match for two rambunctious kids.
 But time has been catching up with her



We knew her time was short and we wanted to make her last months with us as pleasant as possible.  She got homemade food and lots and lots of treats like bacon and pound-cake.

Even with limited mobility she enjoyed her morning meander in the yard.



It's very hard to reconcile the happiness on her face at this moment to the reality that the quality of her life has declined so much.  I don't have photos of her labored breathing or my having to lift her to her feet most mornings. 

Molly crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday.

I miss her so much.  She was my steadfast constant companion.  But I still have these goofballs to keep me company. 


Jack, who we may eventually have to admit is ours, demands attention.

And these two-they know exactly when you need company.







No comments:

Post a Comment