Wednesday, June 22, 2016

January, February, March

Time seems to be slipping away from me in my old age.  So before another month passes I better post some photos.  We have been busy getting the house put back together after the leak and keeping up with the kids and their activities.


"J" and her friend did some painting over the Holiday break.

Cleo never lacks for a cuddle.

 I could not love this more...

The Girl Scouts getting started on their Bronze Award project to provide pet food for a local shelter.

"J: and I started on a little project.  It started like this ...
 ...and it finished like this.

We went to the Circus and learned they are going to stop having Elephants perform.  I like that a lot!


Then at the second spring basketball practice "J" broke her arm. Spoiler alert...it looked worse 4 weeks later and we are letting it straighten itself.  Or at least that what the orthopedist says will happen.



And because almost a year of home remodeling and leak repair just wasn't enough...we started on a bathroom remodel. Spoiler alert...it took twice as long as planned. 

This used to be a tub...tubs are so 2015

Sharing a shower with the kids for a few months wasn't awesome. Not at all.

  Meanwhile we were legally obligated to continue school
-so we had a mock trial and the kids loved it.

The jurors deliberating...

"T" was a witness

Learning about the judicial system. 
The kids takeaway was commit your felonies BEFORE turning 13.




"J" dissecting a frog in her Life Science Class


More Science Classes-just for fun
.

 ..and hopefully the kids learned some stuff.  But this was at the beginning of my two months of pneumonia and pneumonia related illness.  So I don't remember a lot.


...I mostly stood in the hall and coughed.


More coughing at the Geography Fair. Oh it was only Bronchitis at this point...


Meanwhile "J" kept stats for her team since she was broken and all.

Oh and I now have a teenager.  Does that make me feel old?  No it makes me feel young since many of my peers have grandkids*

The Birthday boy requested pancakes for breakfast
 * very few of my peers actually have grandchildren -but only because they made responsible choices.

"J" decided to order the fried appetizer platter for breakfast-gross!!!!

"T" designed his own cake.  Because what he wants is never in the "book"





And his birthday "party" was a family trip go-carting.  This wasn't doctor approved for "J" but lets be honest-this couldn't possibly the reason her arm healed crooked.

Go carts and video games

There was a mix up and they let the kids go out with the adults.  I was a little panicked...

...Until my baby girl beat all the grown men. 

  The ropes course..



No comments:

Post a Comment