Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kayaking

We (meaning I)decided to try something new at Hilton Head this year. We went kayaking in the Broad Creek. "D" wants to call it sea-kayaking...but seeing as how none of had kayaked before and my last canoeing was done some 22 years ago....we opted for the safety of the sound. And we decided that we should go on a guided tour. The tour was a nice introduction to kayaking. Next time I think we will rent kayaks and go it alone. Our Tour Guide, Kent, talked a little too much about oysters and cordgrass for my taste.

"J" was an aggressive kayaker....she demanded that I paddle faster and that we be in the front of the group, even ahead of the guide. "But "J", I pleaded, I don't know which way to go if I don’t follow the guide.” She was not in the least bit bothered at the thought of getting lost. She just wanted to be fastest. Later however when she discovered a small crab in the kayak, and when I refused to let her stray from the group, she refused to paddle at all leaving me to do all the work.

This was a fun family activity and we will definitely do it again.


Leaving the Marina
they call this "nature"



"T" and "D"
"J" and I
Oyster Beds

No comments:

Post a Comment