Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Roller Rink

The last time I was in a skating rink I was about 9 years old. My mom left me there for a birthday party. It was one of those "everyone in the class is invited" sort of parties. I could not skate. I remember being stuck in the bathroom with my pants around my ankles and having to have someone else’s mom help me because the floor was so slippery that I could not stand up. I haven’t been to a skating rink since!

That was until a few Saturdays ago. “J” had a girl scouts skating party. Would you believe the skating rink looked exactly like the last skating rink I visited? This place was full-on 70’s. Luckily it wasn’t old and gross-it was clean and nice-just decorated in 100% 70’s skating rink décor.

“J” did pretty well skating on her own thanks to hours spent skating on my hardwood floors in her Dora skates. “T” is his mother’s son and refused to skate unless he was clamped on to the arm of an adult. He preferred the indoor play-land (an option not available in the 70”).

Taking a Break
Love the carpeted walls
Check out the carpet

Help me tie my skates Dad.
Having a great time together

They are so cute....sorry I can't show you-had to blur their faces for privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment