Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

I used to think that when I had children of my own I would be the mom who hosted Halloween parties and made costumes from “scratch”…..but really I turned out to be the mom who dreaded Halloween parties (attending not hosting) and made my kids wear the 75% off costumes from the previous Halloween clearance sales. This year my son wanted to be a “Chomper” from his favorite video game Plants Vs Zombies. I tried to buy this costume. I really tried. Sadly there is no such thing as a “Chomper” (a Zombie eating plant) costume for sale anywhere in the world. Reluctantly I agreed to try to make this costume for my son. Let me just say….I will continue to be a “75% off clearance mom” -because it took way too much time and money to make a “homemade” costume. Still, “T” was pleased with the result. It was definitely a one-of-a -kind costume. “J” my precious “J”, opted to be Super Girl…which was by the way, a 75% off costume purchased last year after Halloween. I love this child. May she always wear last year’s costume.

Chomper-please note the Zombie arm hanging from the mouth.
Zombie make-up by mom.
My son wanted desperatley to be something "scary" for Halloween. 
Gone are the days of Cowboy and Action Figure costumes.
Super Girl posing for the camera.  She wanted to curtsey,
but I made her do a "strong" pose instead.
Such a beautiful super hero

No comments:

Post a Comment