Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Before and After

I am learning that children, as they get older, develop something called an "opinion." Often these "opinions" may differ greatly from your own. There are opinions like "chocolate would be a good diner" that you overrule. And others like wearing head to toe pink one day and black the next that you go along with. I believe in letting children make choices-but it is certainly getting harder. For instance my son wanted his hair to be long and gelled back like this:


But it usually just looked like this:


I really hated this style-but knowing that a little self expression goes a long way-I endured it. It’s not like he wanted a tattoo of Sponge Bob on his derrière. But still I wanted to cut his hair. I offered bribes for him to have it cut…20 dollars, a pet…..yes I was desperate. Until I had the brilliant idea to show him hairstyles on the internet. Voila! He picked a new style. It is a little avant garde -but I prefer it over slicked back any day

Spiky-requires lots of hair "product" but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment