Friday, November 20, 2009

The Picture

My daughter’s school does a wonderful thing. Instead of a run-of-the mill school photographer, they use a wonderful local portrait photographer. She does a beautiful job and her prices are reasonable. She also photographs siblings who don’t attend the school.

A few weeks ago I went to view my "proofs." Everyone had been commenting on how great the kids photos had turned out and I assumed they were referring to the on-line slideshow showing all the students pictures.

What I hadn't realized was that the photographer had chosen a portrait of my kids to enlarge and display as an example of a framed enlargement. It was lovely. I am far too cheap to have ordered something so lovely but I couldn’t resist buying it and the photographer gave me a great discount since she had chosen it to enlarge.

It will be a wonderful addition to the “new” basement.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing gift. I don't mean the framed photo -- I know you had to pay for that -- I mean the beautiful children. They are so darned photogenic! Very, very, nice.

    ReplyDelete