Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July


I am very patriotic. Do you know how you can tell? Because I drag my family to a 95 degree parking lot at 4:45 each 4th of July to reserve the best spot for viewing fireworks. Then I force them to walk a mile in the heat to a sports bar where we take as-long-as-possible eating before returning to that same 95 degree parking lot to wait another 3 hours for the fireworks to begin....that is how I know I am very partiotic.

OK-it isn't that bad (almost) but it is worth every sweaty minute to hear the "oohs" and "aahhs" and "WOWs" from the kids.

Ice Cream makes the waiting bearable


Relaxing with a sno cone (pretend you didn't see my child having ice cream and a sno-cone all in the same day)


Torturing Daddy is Fun


"think you can get us both to smile at the same time....think again lady"


"Do we really have to wait until dark"?

No comments:

Post a Comment